At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Director Medical Alignment, Women’s Cancer in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Director Medical Alignment (DMA), Women’s Cancer to join our team. The DMA, Women’s Cancer is a member of the Oncology brand Core Medical Teams, and is responsible for the development and execution of the Brand Medical Plans. The DMA is accountable for all Medical Affairs components of the Brand Medical Plan, and for ensuring alignment of US Medical Affairs customer facing role scientific activities in support of the brand objectives.
As the Director Medical Alignment, you will be accountable for the design and execution of the Medical Affairs components of the Brand Medical Plan and defining Medical Affairs Customer segmentation, targeting, and deployment. You will have responsibility for the development and delivery of appropriate scientific messaging and education to key customers, development and execution of scientific and educational programs aligned with the Brand Medical Plan and the delivery of medical and scientific insight back to the Oncology Brand Teams. The DMA represents the key interface between the needs of the US key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other clinical decision makers and Brand Team through interactions with all Medical Affairs functions and is accountable for providing the U.S. customer view to Brand Teams in order to develop customer-led strategies and development plans.
- Advanced degree in science-related field, such as Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, or equivalent
- >3 years managing programs in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of medical strategy, clinical development, and medical science liaison areas
- Ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Leadership abilities
- Expert technical depth in disease area
- Strategic influencing skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed initiative ability
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Doctorate in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, or equivalent
- Oncology experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a strategy-setting role within Medical Affairs
- Global experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of FDA requirements
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Knowledge of information/technology systems
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.