This position is responsible for leading the team and developing and executing the strategic platforms for Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) and Multi-Channel Marketing in the INBU (Inflammation and Nephrology Business Unit) for Enbrel. The Director will be responsible for partnering with Brand teams to develop and manage consumer multi-channel communications platforms, including DTC advertising (TV and Print), digital, emerging channels, in-office, in-pharmacy, CRM, adherence initiatives, and Public Relations.
This position will require considerable agency and vendor management, and matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.
* Establish Consumer and Patient programs to meet brand objectives and stimulate patient demand, including developing new multichannel DTC advertising campaigns.
* Lead web strategy & development for the business unit.
* Partner with digital health team to optimize contemporary media opportunities.
* Participate as a key member of the brand team and lead cross-functional consumer project teams.
* Manage creative agency to develop creative assets
* Manage media agency to develop and execute consumer media plans.
* Manage online agency to develop and execute online media and creative plans.
* Manage outside vendors and agencies to execute DTC projects.
* Work with market research within BAI (Business Analysis & Info) group to develop and execute research and measurement testing needed to develop strategy, programs, and measure expected returns/success.
* Work with medical, legal and regulatory groups to translate clinical data into compelling promotional messaging.
* Manage significant budgets and closely monitoring performance, ensure cost effective delivery of all programs
* Monitor DTC industry landscape to capture industry best practice.
* Work closely with Corporate Affairs to develop and integrate public relations consumer strategies
* Agency and vendor management, and matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
Master's degree and 8 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
* 8+ years of marketing/advertising experience in a healthcare setting with exposure to consumer audiences, TV and digital channel
* Experience in developing multichannel DTC campaigns
* Experience in measuring DTC impact and results through advanced analytics.
* Track record of innovation using TV and Digital channels
* Successful supervisory experience (including cross-functional management)
* Agency & vendor management experience.
* Strong grasp of marketing, strategy, tactical plan development, marketing research, advertising, sales promotion, and patient frame of reference.
* Successful management of significant budget
* Inflammation therapeutic area specific experience