If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Director, Field Reimbursement – Respiratory Biologics (South) you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
The general purpose of the Director, Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM’s) role is to oversee activities to minimize logistical and other barriers to therapy for patients & providers and, therefore, optimize access to AstraZeneca products in the Respiratory Biologics therapeutic area. This purpose will be achieved by delivering quality interactions with key physicians and institutional customers through specialized services.
Director, FRM’s will lead a team of Field Reimbursement Managers while working closely with Managed Markets, Trade & Sales partners in the field, supporting accounts in resolving reimbursement issues or concerns, developing ethical and customer-oriented reimbursement strategies, and communicating payer criteria/terms and practices.
As all other employees, FRM’s are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Astra Zeneca activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred)
- Three to Five years of Field Based Management Experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Minimum of 5 years of total business experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Minimum of 2 or more years' sales, managed care or reimbursement experience is preferred
- Three to Five years of Biotech or Pharmaceutical Field Leadership experience.
- Two to Four years’ experience in the Respiratory Biologics therapeutic area.
- Three to Five years of Managed Markets/Field Reimbursement experience.
- Experience with business planning and market analysis.
- Experience in implementing reimbursement related programs and advisory programs.
- Director, FRM’s will lead and manage a team of Field Reimbursement Managers
Compliance, Knowledge, & Skills
- Does not compromise ethics or integrity to achieve business goals.
- Clearly demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application & modeling of appropriate compliance, behavior & conduct
- Reimbursement & Access Services Related Experience
- Experience with physician administered injectable
Excellent reimbursement expertise and payer knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirements related to the Biotech & Pharmaceutical industries
- Director, FRM’s spends majority of time in the field providing Development, Planning, & Support to Field Reimbursement Team (minimum 60 to 75% overnight travel)
- Works closely with Access Service, Marketing, and various Managed Markets and Trade groups to review/understand relevant franchise and managed care business plans, goals and objectives
- Spends considerable time and effort helping to identify reimbursement-specific opportunities or issues, as well as educating internal partners on the payer landscape
- Maintain a high level knowledge of Managed Care and related Managed Markets benefit structures, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory landscape, and health management programs.
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness.
- Maintain an outstanding level of Therapeutic Area knowledge, utilization management techniques, and treatment and reimbursement guidelines.
- Maintain an outstanding level of performance metric analytics.
- Maintain a comprehensive and detailed region business plan.
- Maintain an outstanding ability to prepare and present provider level communications.
Planning and Analysis:
- Maintain an outstanding level of territory planning, organization, and administrative skills.
- Manage territory and all assigned accounts within set budget.
- Develop and justify budgeting requests for specific customer programs.
- Demonstrate strong oral, written, and group communication skills.
- Maintain appropriate contacts with Commercial partners.
- In a timely and accurate manner, submit all budgetary information, expenses reports, and required administrative reports to Field Leadership.
- Maintain effective communication with customers and affiliates.
- Seek out and maintain an effective level of communication with account stakeholders and decision makers.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.