MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. We work as partners in bringing life changing medicines to patients, sharing and benefiting from each other's strengths.
This position is responsible for Engineering support of a cGMP manufacturing plant for production of monoclonal antibody products.
In this role you will supervise engineering support for all process production systems including Automation, Process Engineering, Plant Engineering, CAD, and Equipment Validation. Technical responsibilities include engineering support to the existing site as well as new capital construction/installation activities. Lead department to assure cGMP compliance during validation, startup, and operations. Coordinate outside contract support for projects. Provide technical support and review of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
Bachelors - Engineering – Chemical or Biochemical
15+ years experience in engineering
8-10 years in management of engineers
Experience with stainless steel technology
Experience with large-scale bioreactors
Experience with large biologics
• Strong multitasking and prioritization abilities
• Strong technical problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills in a team work environment
• High degree of organizational skills
• Strategic thinking with a good business acumen
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with operating within a Lean environment
• Ability to interact with all levels of management including senior management
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.