Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) –in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in multiple cancers
- FPA144 – in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We have a new leadership role on our Human Resources team for a Director, Compensation, Benefits & HRIS. This position will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, communication and administration of creative compensation, equity, rewards and benefit plans and policies which provide a competitive edge in alignment with strategic corporate objectives, our compensation philosophy and our corporate values. The total rewards leader will also ensure regulatory compliance and effective HR information system integration.
FivePrime is an organization fueled by innovation from a remarkable team of talented discovery, development and staff biotechnology industry leaders. Our HR group is committed to matching this high bar. A proactive and innovative approach in compensation and benefits will be critical in ensuring that our market pricing based rewards are competitive, understood and valued by our people managers and employees. FivePrime has a tradition for a progressive approach to total rewards to insure we achieve our strategic business goals and continue to attract, engage and retain the finest talent in the industry.
The candidate bringing broad experience in benefits design and management will add complementary strength to our current team. We seek an experienced professional with a track record of success to partner with our HR and executive leadership teams, to bring insight based on market and organizational dynamics and evolve our programs and processes as we move to the next level of corporate success.
Compensation & Equity
- Lead the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expert counsel on the design, development and administration of compensation programs, salary structures, promotion and short term and long term incentives.
- Research best practices and trends and perform analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation and benefits programs and present findings and creative solutions to management.
- Develops pay systems that are industry competitive and enable management to focus on and reward individual and group performance
- Evaluate our current job structures and families and recommend appropriate career ladders for functional areas across the organization
- Educate our managers and employees on our total rewards practices, philosophy and market approach
- Recommend metrics to determine funding, equity, vehicles (mix of options, restricted shares) and methods to distribute bonus, and equity to employees
- Partner with other internal functions (finance, legal, etc.) to plan and implement compensation and benefit program
- Direct the design, management and administration of a full range of benefits programs including program enhancements, benefit contract renewals, service contract administration, benefits enrollment and employee communication.
- Manage benefits compliance with federal and state requirements including the preparation and communication of information to current and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Participate in industry benefits surveys, analyze data, and bring recommendations for enhancements/revisions to our current programs
- Preferred experience working with the ADP system
- Insure we are maximizing the functionality of our HR systems to support the needs of our HR team, managers and employees
- Opportunity to assess current system and/or identify alternative application to meet current and future growth needs
- Insure the compliance of all compensation and benefit programs with Federal and State requirements - ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, etc.
- Proven performance delivering strategic and innovative total rewards initiatives and process excellence
- Strong consultative and collaboration skills with the ability to facilitate and influence across a variety of audiences
- Relevant public company experience in biotech (preferred) pharmaceutical or life science industries
- Experience with job design and job evaluation initiatives for client groups
- Strong business acumen and highly analytical with the ability to evaluate and manage complex data and make recommendations
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and HR colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, programs, tools, and work flows that support the business goals
- Forward thinking and a continuous process improvement mindset
- Confidence, professionalism, discretion, and sound judgment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15 years of compensation & benefit design expertise, including executive, and equity compensation – sales compensation a plus
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional), CBP (Certified Benefits Professional) and/or S/PHR (professional Human Resources) certifications area a strong plus
Please send your cover letter and CV