The Director, Business Development drives direct business development, sales, and marketing efforts for the business for APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) and Analytical Standards. The position requires an entrepreneurial professional who strengthens the selection of new products for development, builds business partnerships with target customers and works to improve the organization’s market position. This person has extensive experience in the evaluation of API products and markets, business development, market research and analysis and sales.
Including but not limited to the following priorities:
• Research industry to evaluate API- and drug- product development activities in regard to products, applications, market outlook and patents. Cooperate with Product Development in defining new API-product targets.
• Initiate and lead required market studies and analyses to gather data for improvement and update of business development and sales plans.
• Identify potential opportunities aligned with company’s growth drivers; includes participation in industry conferences, market research and investigative meetings with promising target companies.
• Develop, refine, and execute an annual business plan to reach objectives. This includes working with product development and finance teams to develop models to forecast the financial performance of a potential product, product line or business, including contribution to revenue, expenditures and net income, as well as, develop valuation and pro forma analysis to help determine the financial feasibility of an opportunity and advise Executive management on the assumptions in underlying models.
• Develop and maintain business partnerships with target customers. Develop mid to senior level relationships in all current and future target companies.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related science field plus MBA required. Ten (10) years of experience with APIs, preferably in the generic pharmaceutical space, sales and/or product selection. Five (5) of the required years of experience must be in business development.