The Director, Brand Communications and Advocacy/Alliance Engagement is a strategic role supporting the Head of Corporate Affairs, Respiratory. This role will develop all brand and therapeutic area communications – internal and external - and patient/professional group engagement. Will represent and guide all aspects of communications and advocacy group engagement related to the respiratory portfolio across the company: brands, media, internal communications, advocacy, corporate reputation, policy and medical community. This ideal candidate is a highly strategic, dynamic public affairs and communications professional who can leverage their deep understanding and know-how in stakeholder engagement with strong communication skills and experiences to collaborate and engage with others to drive results and deliver for the business. Essential Requirements
- BS in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in corporate affairs, public affairs, corporate communications and issues management
- Experience working in or on behalf of patient advocacy and/or professional associations
- Effective communicator and storyteller
- Knowledge of and direct experience working with patient advocacy groups to develop and deliver programs and projects
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to navigate complex and matrixed organizations
- Amenable to travel and after hours work and weekend responsibilities - up to 20% travel required
Next Steps – Apply today!
- Healthcare PR agency experience
- Experience reviewing or applying for grants or corporate funding
- Experience managing corporate responsibility programs and initiatives
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.