Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation of protein-based medicines.
Ambrx is seeking a Director/Associate Director of Intellectual Property who will have primary responsibility for managing the strategic issues affecting the company's patent position and the continued development and evolution of its patent portfolio. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing the company's global IP strategies and policies. The candidate will work closely with in-house counsel and inventors with preparation/prosecution of patent applications, conducting prior art searches, monitoring and analyzing competitive intellectual property landscape, and assisting with freedom to operate analyses and opinions of counsel. This position will provide advice to Business Development team pertaining to intellectual property on licensing opportunities. The candidate will also be expected to support other IP related matters, including instructing outside counsel and acting as liaison to the legal and IP departments of company licensors and licensees. This role will have significant interactions with the company's management team and R&D leadership.
• BS/MS in biology, biochemistry or related field
• 8+ years experience in the biotech industry or a law firm as a patent agent
• Knowledge of large molecule pharmaceutical patents
• Excellent patent application drafting skills
• Experience responding to US and foreign office actions
• Registration to practice before USPTO
• Proven intellectual property and patent portfolio development and management skills with docketing software experience.
• Must be adept with database searching for scientific journals and patent publications.
• Excellent communication, organization, flexibility, collaborative skills, and ability to be a team player are essential.
• Successful experience working in a fast paced environment.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.