Location:Gaithersburg, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 27, 2016
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Diagnostics Trainer in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will deliver training to sales teams/Diagnostic teams to meet the needs identified in the training plan, including sales & product- specific training integrated with appropriate institutional learning concepts, and lead or co-lead onboarding for new sales representatives, introducing them to the organization, providing them with initial learning materials, and facilitating their integration into the organization at the US Headquarters or other pre-determined location.
You will work collaboratively with Training Manager, Diagnostic leader, Marketing and Sales Leadership to identify training needs and deliver approved solutions to sales representatives in the field, provide feedback and coaching to sales representatives through field rides and workshops at meetings. And collaborate with Training Manager, Diagnostics Leadership, Marketing and Sales Leadership, and Commercial Learning Department, to identify and refine training content for sales organization. In addition, you will work to consistently incorporate training along with uniform testing, evaluations, and assessments, and ensure Compliance, Regulatory guidelines, and accountabilities are clearly represented in all commercial learning material and training classes/workshops.
* Bachelor's degree
* Thorough knowledge of diagnostic test regulatory environment
* Minimum of two years' experience in Immuno-Oncology / Oncology and/or the Diagnostic space
* Experience in training, curriculum design, and delivery, in live and virtual setting
* Demonstrated leadership, writing, communication, project and vendor management skills
* Thorough understanding of market dynamics within the therapeutic area
* Well versed in using multiple technologies to facilitate training and learning
* Ability to deliver highly technical data presentation
* Immuno-Oncology / Oncology background
* Ability to understand and identify barriers to testing and develop training to assist the DxL to increase partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks, and Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
* Strong collaboration and networking skills to be able to influence peers and decisions effectively
* Strong account planning and management background, including goal setting and resource allocation
* Excellent writing and communication skills, and ability to create an engaging learning experience in a virtual environment
* Ability to establish and meet deadlines, and, identify and mitigate risks
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handles multiple priorities, and, adapts and promotes change
* Understand the DxL relationship with, scientific experts: Laboratory decision makers, Pathologists and Molecular Pathologists
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law