Location:Kansas City, United StatesJob reference:
Oct. 04, 2016
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do -- join us. At AstraZeneca we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we're on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you're swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
The key responsibilities for a Diabetes Specialty Sales Representative(Endo Sales Specialist-ESS) within our Diabetes Franchise include.
* Candidates must be able to understand and apply knowledge of health care industry trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmaco-economics and the payer/reimbursement landscape) and analyze these factors in the development of territory business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
* Develops and implements territory business plans centered on Endocrinologists and other Diabetes specialty customers. These plans will focus on performance and execution impacts that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short and long term business goals.
* Demonstrates a deep, clear and thorough understanding of the Diabetes disease state, Diabetes products and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, and safety, etc.
* Demonstrates highly effective territory management skills and exemplary selling competencies.
* Collaborates with territory matrix team on identifying business opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies.
* Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information.
* Drives market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients.
* Diabetes specialty marketplace experience preferred or other demonstrated Diabetes therapeutic experience preferred in addition to the requirements listed above.
* Minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Representative experience required; the last 3 years having been in a Diabetes Sales Role, specifically with building relationships and sales with Endocrinologists.
* Demonstrated strong capability in account management and proven sales performance track record.
* Demonstrated understanding of the business drivers, dynamics, regulations and market access environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
* Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network.
* Evidence of strong established relationships with local endocrinology specialists preferred.
* Effectively use active listening, probing and other selling skills to enhance communication and build and influence key customers.
* Demonstrates comfort with technology and uses technology to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes and sales calls.
* Demonstrated strong business analytics ability to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans.
* Demonstrated ability to work in matrix teams.
* Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
* Must have at least a Bachelor's degree