Lilly is the 10th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity:
For more than 130 years, Lilly has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines—investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity:
The primary responsibilities of the Diabetes Business Unit US Medical Affairs Clinical Research Scientist (CRS) are generally related to late-phase and marketed compounds. The CRS is responsible for collaborating with local research staff in the planning, start-up and conduct of phase 3b/4 studies conducted in the US. In addition, the CRS may be assigned responsibility for affiliate support of global development studies conducted in the US and being an integral member of the medical affairs, development or a business unit brand team is also responsible for strategic planning in the support of launch and commercialization activities to meet patients’ needs and ultimately enhance the customers’ experience in interacting with the company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Through application of scientific training, clinical expertise and relevant experience, the US Medical Affairs CRS may participate in the following activities:
• Scientific Data Disclosure
o Develop and maintain appropriate collaboration/relationships with professional societies and with thought leaders/external experts and the general medical community
o Perform data analysis for slides sets/manuscripts/posters/etc
o Follow-up on requests by HCP’s - review scientific information and prepare responses
o Train other medical personnel
o Address unsolicited questions from external customers
o Provide congress support (answer questions/exhibit/posters/medical booth/meet TLs, customer events)
• Business /customer support
o Actively address customer questions by leading data analyses, new clinical research efforts, health outcome efforts
o Contribute to the development of (and participate in) medical strategies to support brand commercialization of local marketed products - work closely with brand teams and other areas, including PRA support
• Phase 3, 3b, and 4 (and Phase I and II where applicable ) clinical planning, including life cycle plans for drugs in development and clinical trial execution & support
• Support for regulatory affairs and interactions with government agencies
In addition, with input from a Clinical Research Physician or the Medical Director, the CRS is an integral member of the Diabetes brand team(s), responsible for assuring that his/her activities are aligned with the strategic priorities of the respective affiliate brand team(s), and may work with global Development team(s), Therapeutic Area Program Phase, Early Phase/Exploratory Program Medicine, and Translational Medicine team(s) in new product development activities over the entire spectrum of drug development and clinical trial phases.
The CRS must be aware of, and ensure, that all their activities are in compliance with current local and international regulations, laws, guidance (e.g. FDA, ICH, CPMP etc.), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), company standards, Lilly policies and procedures, company integrity agreements as applicable, and the Principles of Medical Research.
• Demonstrated at least 3 years of clinical experience in diabetes
• An advanced health/medical/scientific (e.g. Pharmacology, physiology, microbiology) or related graduate degree such as DVM, PharmD, PhD, MSN with advanced clinical specialty (Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner) OR Have a BS or Masters degree in health/medical/scientific or related field and 3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience
• Fluent in English; both written and verbal communications
• Interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
• Ability to influence others (both cross-functionally and within the function) in order to create a positive working environment.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Position is located at Lilly in Indianapolis, IN.
• Willing to engage in domestic and international travel to the degree appropriate to support the business of the team.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.