Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Development Chemistry Project Manager
SUMMARY: As an individual contributor, the Development Chemistry Project Manager is responsible to effectively coordinate projects across Ionis functional boundaries and with our outside partners.
• Ensure effective and timely communication regarding project status, key milestones, timelines and key events to Development Chemistry department heads
• Follow up on the execution of the CMC aspects of projects per the CMC plans which involves cross-department interactions and coordination of resources, activities, project schedules and identification of critical path activities
• Identify potential issues impacting or hindering execution of projects and pro-actively develop solutions
• Coordinate necessary tasks to ensure program work is completed within the required timeframes
• Develop and maintain project timelines and At a Glance status documents
• Build Scope of Work documents and budgets for partner activity, working with finance on invoicing
• Ensure effective communication within cross-functional teams and with external collaboration partners pertaining to operational planning, issue resolution, risk mitigation, outlining key CMC project milestones and notifying teams of changes to project plans
• Manage and communicate revisions to project plans
• Successful management of long-term relationships between Ionis and its partners. Demonstrate excellent diplomacy skills and a high level of trust within Ionis as well as its partner organizations
• Other duties as assigned
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in a science field - chemistry, biology, or engineering for example
• A minimum of 8 years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience, ideally including at least 3 years full time project management experience
• Working knowledge of the drug development process and CMC responsibilities
• Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
Demonstrated technical and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain successful relationships with internal and external team members
• Successful experience working with a broad range of functions including, analytical, quality assurance, pharmaceutical development, API manufacturing, finance and legal
• Excellent judgment: an ability to anticipate needs and meet them as well as to partner with senior management for decision-making
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to initiate, plan, and execute multiple projects and sub-projects with ease
• Expertise in use of project management tools or software solutions. MS Project and SharePoint experience a plus
• An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.