**This is an entry level position**
Summary of Position:
The Database Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, modification, and support of clinical databases in support of MacroGenics’ clinical trials. This entails designing and developing electronic Case Report Forms (eCRFs) and related edit checks requested by Clinical Data Management during the setup phase of a clinical study.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
* Work with the senior database designers to efficiently identify, design, develop, document, and maintain the Rave study database objects used to capture clinical data for a trial (i.e. Forms, Folders, Matrixes, Dictionaries, edit checks, and custom functions in accordance with industry and NGO standards and protocol specifications).
* Review clinical trial protocol visit and assessment schedule of events to identify potential database design challenges for the EDC system. Review protocols and identify any additional coding necessary to display forms appropriately to ensure the right form at the right visit.
* Obtain feedback from study teams and ensure that the eCRF designed meets the needs of the study team.
* Program edit checks outlined in the study Data Validation Plan to automate the data cleaning process to minimize errors from manual reviews and create greater efficiency in the process.
* Assist with the development of, and the review of documents associated with clinical trial databases such as Data Validation Plans, Data Management Plans, CRF Completion Guidelines and Protocols.
* Understand the interrelationships between the plans and protocols and their impact and make recommendations to maximize the accuracy and consistency of the database data.
* Provide technical and administrative support for users of the clinical database. Assist with investigating and resolving technical issues for MacroGenics’ users or when not possible, escalate problems to Medidata.
* Manage user accounts and privileges, report access and certain advanced features such as report builder software.
* Identify, develop, and document standards for eCRFs and related edit checks to facilitate greater efficiency when developing the clinical studies.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree in an information technology-related curriculum; or
AA degree in a related field with three years of related experience; or
High School Diploma with five years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated success working effectively within a team
Ability to seek solutions at the root level of problems
Medidata Rave experience a plus