We are currently seeking a Data Science and Operations SAS Programming Director to join our Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology (QCP) Data Science and Operations Team. QCP Data Science and Operations is the group that oversees and delivers the pharmacometric data, develops and supports modeling, analysis and operational tools along with other infrastructure framework to support internal decision making, regulatory submissions and the reporting of commercial activities across the therapeutic area (TA) portfolio of projects.
As the Data Science and Operations SAS Programming Director you will have responsibility to lead, develop and mentor a group of programmers, use project management experience and skills to lead pharmacometric programming deliverables to support the regulatory submissions including specification and delivery of data, output and provide response to regulatory questions and oversee the quality of all deliverables, holding partners and providers accountable for the quality of their deliverable. Additionally, you will contribute to the development of best practices to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness, and lead the provision of technical consulting expertise to external partners in relation to the specification and delivery of the pharmacometric data by these partners. You will also provide strategic input and leadership to the delivery of all technical programming and information components of a project as the lead pharmacometric programmer role and have accountability for Good Information Practice and the quality of project programming work worldwide.
- 10+ years of industry experience with solid project management and delivery experience
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Extensive SAS programming expertise to an advanced level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Knowledge of CDASH/SDTM/ADaM CDISC standards
- Experience of regulatory submissions
- Demonstrated managerial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration required – needs the energy to work across global & functional boundaries
- Ability to apply programming expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus
- Other programming languages e.g., R, C++, FORTRAN, JAVA, etc.
- Exposure to modelling tools– NONMEM, Stan, Monolix, etc
- Bachelors degree
- Preferred MS or PhD in Mathematical, Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science
- Experience with pharmacometric or pharmacokinetic data and practices (exposure to pharmacometric modelling is highly valued.)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.