We seek a highly motivated scientist in the field of bioinformatics. The ideal candidate will have experience in implementing a computational pipeline for processing and analyzing NGS sequence using various open-source or commercial NGS workbenches for QC, assembly and data mining. The candidate should be able to develop NGS software applications and implement enhanced data analysis tools. Preference given for a professional with experience in comparative analysis, phylogenetic and the mining of antibody repertoires. This is an hourly part-time position, initially for 6 months, with the potential for transitioning to full-time employment pending organizational requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implementation of a computational pipeline for processing NGS sequence derived from rabbit immune repertoires, using domain public scripts as a foundation
* Automated comparison of sequences across multiple data sets and phylogenetic analysis
* Generation of graphical representations from analyzed sequences and working with an IT team to deploy this code in the cloud with a web-GUI front-end
* Development of new algorithms and analysis strategies for large antibody repertoire data sets
* BS/Master/Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent experience in coding and algorithm development; experience with sequence analysis required
* Experience in experimental design & statistical analysis of large data sets
* Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. Perl, C/C++, Java or Python, Ruby) and working in a Linux/Unix environment
* Experience with basic data visualization; previous experience developing web-based GUI front-end is preferable.
* Familiarity with high performance &/or parallel computing such as Amazon EC2 or equivalent cloud computing network.
* Familiarity with amplicon NGS sequencing, molecular biology and preferably the analysis of antibody repertoire.
* Sound knowledge of genetics, phylogenetic and molecular biology techniques
Abcam is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough antibody technology for research and diagnostic applications. The Company's core platform technology is its unique and proprietary RabMAb (Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody) technology which produces antibodies with superior binding affinity and bioactivity in a wide variety of biological assays.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Click Apply Now or apply online here: https://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Apply&j=ogo1Yfwn&s=jobTarget