We are seeking an experienced Contracts Paralegal who will be responsible for preparing, managing and distributing various documents related to contractual relationships between AnaptysBio and third parties for collaborations, out-sourcing, consulting and related topics. In doing so, you will review contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual posture, satisfaction of government and customer specifications, and adherence to master agreements and company policy. You may also negotiate and/or administrate licensing agreements including renewal, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues, consolidations and clinical trials budgets and contracts. Additionally, you will advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions. Integral to these responsibilities is managing in-house contracts database and tracking system. Specific responsibilities include:
* Support contractual negotiations to ensure company’s proprietary interests are protected, and use of appropriate business and legal terms, including reviewing, drafting, summarizing, advising and revising contract language on the following types of agreements:
- Confidentiality agreements
- Out-sourcing agreements (services pertaining to third-party manufacturing, preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies, genetic analyses and related matters, etc.)
- Operations and Purchasing agreements (supply agreements for raw materials and/or finished goods, professional service agreements, consulting agreements, etc.)
- Research agreements, sponsored research, clinical study agreements, material transfer agreements, etc.
*Review agreements and evaluate documentation and authorization forms for consistency with laws, government regulations, economic conditions, and company policies; and to identify problematic provisions and determine if the minimum requirements are met.
* Identify legal or contractual issues, develop solutions and provide guidance to management on resolving issues while ensuring the contract administration process supports the objectives of the assigned program areas.
* Advise management of contractual rights, issues, and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
* Develop and update templates to be used by clients for routine agreements
* Maintain company databases in paper and electronic format in accordance with document control processes, including managing agreement expirations and renewals as applicable.
* Support team by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
* Recognize and recommend where processes can be improved and takes initiative to improve them.
*Paralegal Certificate from an ABA certified program, and 10+ years of experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, or other demonstrated experience working on other transactional matters. At least 1 year should have been in a corporate legal department or law firm. Bachelor’s degree and Notary Certification preferred * Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech or other health care business, and general knowledge of health care laws and regulations is a plus, but not required. * Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or equivalents, with the ability to draft reports, correspondence, manage Excel files, generate PowerPoint presentations and organize legal documents. * Advanced knowledge of contract administration and management. * Knowledge of medical, and/or scientific terminology is a plus. *Knowledge of the clinical trial process (Phase I - IV), relevant laws, FDA regulations, corporate terms, conditions and policies governing assigned contracts is a plus * Strong oral and written communication, organizational and analytical, and project management abilities. * Considerable discretion judgment, tact and professionalism in handling assignments involving work of a confidential nature.
* Proven planning skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and think creatively in confronting new issues and to think strategically in order to improve current processes and meet deadlines.
Ability to preempt potential contracting problems and to escalate appropriately with the identification of plausible solutions to remedy the potential problem. * Effectively collaborates with a variety of people and job functions, with an ability to juggle and accomplish multiple tasks of varying priorities, complexity and scope.