Oversee the planning, managing and implementation of contract activities for Research, Development, Clinical and Corporate functions. This position will be primarily responsible to facilitate the negotiation and execution (in consultation with Corporate Counsel) of all standard contracts and contract amendments. This position will eventually report to the General Counsel.
• Manage all aspects of contracting activities from proposal to execution to archiving primarily for
o Master Service Agreements and related Work Orders
o Consulting Agreements, and
o Clinical Trial Agreements
• Lead the development, implementation and day-to-day management of a contract management system and the contracting process
• Utilize and maintain Legal department templates to prepare/draft, negotiate and help finalize basic contracts
• Serve as first point of contact for legal contract questions from within the Company
• Work in collaboration with cross functional teams and external contract vendors to ensure timely contract renewals
• Identify related process related issues, propose solutions and implement process improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Life Sciences is required. MBA degree is preferred.
• Must have at least 5 plus years of experience creating, negotiating and executing contracts in the Pharmaceutical, Contract Research Organization (CRO) or Biotech industry.
• Working knowledge of GCP and Regulatory Requirements for Clinical Trials is required
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft. Project and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus.
Proficiency skill/ability in the following:
• Oral and written communication
• Planning and Organizing
• Initiative and Accountability
• Decision Making, Judgment, and Problem Solving
Fit with GBT Culture and Values:
• Strong team orientation
• Hands-on approach
• Values-based leadership consistent with GBT’s core values
• Be a trusted partner to Executive Management in order to ensure that the Company meets all of its financial objectives.