The purpose of the Consultant, Outcome Liaison (OL) is to serve as a scientific interface between internal health outcomes and commercial functions, and external value-based decision makers involved in pharmaceutical product positioning, selection, access, and policy. Value-based health care decision makers have unique needs in terms of the data they use in making formulary and access decisions. It is the OL’s core responsibility to provide value-based health care decision-makers this data upon unsolicited request. The incoming OL will be expected to address these unique customer data and information needs in collaboration with both research and Outcomes Liaison colleagues by leveraging deep content knowledge about Lilly and competitor products, outcomes research methodology, pharmacoeconomics, and health policy. As Lilly’s value-based customers evolve and grow both in size and capabilities, so too is the expectation for this role to grow in parallel. To meet this need, all OLs are expected to continually develop their knowledge and skills, enabling an encombant to take on new foci, challenges, and customers as both external and internal changes may demand.
Regional account customer engagement (60-80%):
• Accountable for creating positive customer experiences for prioritized regional payers within a designated US geographic responsibility.
• Responds to unsolicited requests for information and provides external communication to customers in a credible, transparent, and balanced manner.
• Communicates and disseminates clinical safety, efficacy and health outcomes / pharmacoeconomic information upon unsolicited request.
• Engages in OL initiated research visits with valued based decision makers/customers to gather insights and better understand market needs to inform and influence the HO research agenda.
• Understand and communicate payer insight/intelligence and systematically shares insights gathered with internal teams to guide and influence the development and execution of a research agenda that will deliver on customer data and information needs.
Customer Solution Support/Development (20-30%):
• Identifies potential opportunities for outcomes-based research partnerships with external customers and works with USHO colleagues to cultivate.
• Assists in development and update of enduring materials to communicate health economics, value, and outcomes information regarding Lilly products.
• Contribute to the strategy and application of Lilly-initiated outcomes studies
• Serve as a medical resource for ongoing education needs for MHS personnel and other internal teams.
• The OL may also provide medical therapeutic area support at professional meetings. [Medical Information Booth]
Organizational effectiveness (20%):
• As needed, works at strategic and tactical levels with internal, cross functional business partners, including US Medical, US Brand Teams, Managed Healthcare Services, product teams, and USHO/GPORWE Scientists
• Captures and shares unanswered questions with USHO/GPORWE and US Medical for prioritization and potential action.
• Demonstrates awareness of the external environment, including competitors, regulators, professional organizations, and customers
• Possesses broad clinical and outcomes research knowledge and demonstrates the ability to apply that knowledge in bringing value to external customers involved in healthcare decision making and policy
• The OL will be responsible for identifying, developing, and/or implementing necessary process/operational improvements in order to ensure effective communication and collaboration within USHO as well as other GPORWE and US Medical Division (USMD) personnel .
• The OL is accountable for all necessary and appropriate regulatory and/or legal review of communication materials.
• Knows and follows the ethics and compliance requirements of the OL job.
• Leverages the GPORWE Business Process Map (BPM) tool to enable compliance, as needed, with the Medical Quality System (MQS) policies, procedures and standards.
• Clinical degree or education in a field applicable to outcomes research.
• At least two (2) years working directly with, or in support of, value-base decision makers.
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
• Advanced clinical degree with relevant education in a field applicable to outcomes research preferred.
• Experience within a relevant healthcare environment
• Experience in communicating, translating or applying outcomes research within a work setting
• Knowledge of important disease management outcome measures (Quality indicators; AHRQ quality indicators, HEDIS scores)
• Demonstrated understanding of how pharmacoeconomic tools are being used in healthcare today and how that relates to their use in the industry
• Conversant in differences between experimental and non-experimental research
• Understanding of FDA regulations related to the submission of pharmacoeconomic data and requirements for pharmacoeconomic promotion and labeling
• Smart, hardworking, and consistently putting the team first
• Demonstrated knowledge of US healthcare payers, inclusing major segmentations and their evidence-based needs.
• Exceptional customer engagement abilities demonstrated through previous success within a customer-interactive setting.
• Conversant in health outcomes, real world evidence, health technology assessment, and pharmacoeconomic principles, including elements, techniques, and limitations of economic, effectiveness, and quality of life evaluations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly across all levels of management and business functions.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully operate across boundaries and collaborate across functions
• Demonstrated ability to drive change within the organization
• Demonstrated leadership and influence
• Significant travel required (approx. 60-70%)
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status