One of California's leading healthcare providers is now recruiting for a Compliance Officer for their medical center in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The compliance officer will be responsible for the strategic development, Implementation and evaluation of compliance management systems at the Medical Center, including contract hospitals, contract services, and other non-KFH facilities. The compliance officer will also analyse legal, regulatory, licensing and accreditation requirements and their impact on operations and oversees the development of compliance risk mitigation and corrective action plans.
* Ensures that the Medical Center has systems in place to achieve compliance by development of compliance management systems (such as training, policies, procedures, monitoring and auditing, among others) across all functions.
* Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of corrective action plans and responses to internally and externally identified compliance issues.
* Creates and manages detailed on site audits of Health Plan and Hospital managed services.
* Co-leads the Medical Center Compliance Committee with TPMG partner and provides direction in establishing legislative and regulatory compliance strategy.
* Serves as the Privacy Officer and oversees systems to ensure the protection and security of member and patient health information
* Provides oversight to the implementation of revenue cycle functions and ensures the remediation of Site of Service, Scope of Practice and billing/documentation issues.
* Responsible for identifying risk areas in the revenue cycle, including accurate coding and documentation.
* Works with Regional groups and HIM managers to implement compliance coding and documentation practices.
Qualifications and Requirements
* Eight to ten years of experience in hospital operations or multifaceted health care systems and multi-provider settings.
* Experience in revenue cycle, program development and strategic planning required.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Health Care Administration, Business or Public Health Administration, Operations Research, Nursing, Economics or other related field required.
* If applicant does not have the CHC, then must complete within 12 calendar months of hire.
* Knowledge of accreditation and licensing requirements including but not limited to: The Joint Commission, NCQA, Knox Keene Act, CMS, Cal-OSHA, HIPAA, MEDI-Cal regulations and standards.
This role is for a one year contract, however there is potential for extension or conversion. The healthcare provider is very eager to hire and encourages those interested to apply as soon as possible.