At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Commercial Data Manager (Oncology) in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for
managing and delivering data analysis & business process analysis for current data operations projects, platforms and enhancements with a focus on Immuno-Oncology and Oncology.
You will be responsible for bringing a foundation of data management & business acumen related to Immuno-Oncology, Oncology and Specialty Care products/environment. A thorough understanding of Specialty Care distribution (Specialty Distributor & Specialty Pharmacy) and key data sets will foster the continued development of strategic sales force operations that maximize the value of AstraZeneca's oncology pipeline.
The candidate will leverage hands-on experience in data management synthesizing a variety of data and actionable business insights to drive business imperatives. S/he will contribute in the identification, evaluation, interpretation, integration, aggregation and visualization of different data sources across AZ platform(s). S/he would be a confident problem-solver and solutions-oriented but without being constrained by in-place process or precedent. S/He will lead small projects and/or work on larger projects with Data Management functional Leaders or cross-functional IT and business leads.
The candidate will have a secondary focus on Specialty Care Master Data Management (MDM) questions and best practices. This is specific to Specialty Care integration to/from MDM (not the management of MDM).
In summary, the candidate will be the AstraZeneca in-house go-to analyst for Specialty Care data related processes necessary to optimize the data management capabilities that drive our business, provide insights and improve the patient experience.
This role is focus on Immuno-Oncology and Oncology but also has an opportunity to align to key Specialty care launches/projects within Respiratory and Cardiovascular therapeutic areas per FDA approval of pipeline (Specialty Care) products.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a relevant field
- 3+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience; preferable Oncology experience or Immuno-Oncology experience
- 3+ years of Specialty Care Commercial Data Management; preferably related experience
- Experience working in a Data Management, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and/or Analytics environment
- Experience in Market access/managed markets a plus
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Experience working with and optimizing “Buy and Bill” Data is highly desirable
- Ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, integrate, aggregate and optimize Specialty Care data management processes, tools and techniques (for Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distributor and Line of Therapy (Claims) data sets)
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines plus identify and mitigate risks.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
- Ability, want and purpose to transform and shape the future of commercial operations and the value we bring.
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge of variety of secondary data sources (e.g., IMS, FlatIron, Symphony Health, etc.)
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.