The Clinical Laboratory Technician will be responsible for receiving, documenting, preparing and/or processing paraffin embedded tissue specimens for routine and special procedures or testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling, labeling, processing, transportation and storage.
• Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control procedures and policies and document all quality control activities.
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
• Perform instrument maintenance and calibration as required.
• Preparation and storage of reagents.
• Open shipping packages containing human medical specimens.
• Accurate transcription of handwritten and printed documentation onto worksheets and into laboratory information systems.
• Update/transcribe test results into computer laboratory information system.
• Accurately sort and file laboratory specimens and documents for storage.
• Section biopsy specimens on a microtome.
• Perform microdissection of FFPE embedded human tumor specimens.
• Isolate DNA/RNA from human solid tissue specimens.
• Set up of molecular assays.
• Prepare slides for FISH and/or IHC analysis.
• May operate automated slide stainer.
• May assist in assay development of clinical tests.
• Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies, and all applicable regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of two (2) years of laboratory experience
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills/problem solving
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Experience with histology desired
• Experience with DNA/RNA isolation or other molecular techniques desired.