Ignyta is looking to hire Clinical Laboratory Scientists for a new and rapidly growing clinical laboratory, focused on patient testing and companion diagnostic development to support cancer patient care. The Clinical Laboratory Scientists will be responsible for pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes associated with specimen processing and test performance. These positions will require people who are enthusiastic to participate in building the laboratory and working in a team environment to develop and validate new clinical tests and processes within the lab. Tests will be developed in multiple areas of tissue based testing, including FISH, IHC, and sequencing (NGS). Come join a team that is developing cutting edge diagnostics that provide the highest level of quality and robust results to serve our patients and physician partners.
• Prepare and analyze slides for FISH and/or IHC analysis
* Isolate DNA/RNA from human solid tissue specimens
• May perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and PCR based testing
• Perform molecular assays and analysis of resulting data
• Perform microdissection of FFPE embedded human tumor specimens
• Follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling, labeling, processing, transportation and storage
• Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control procedures and policies, and document all quality control activities
• Develop and author SOPs and other regulatory documentation
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
• Perform instrument maintenance and calibration as required.
• Prepare and store reagents
• Open shipping packages containing human medical specimens
• Accurately transcribe handwritten and printed documentation onto worksheets and into laboratory information systems
• Update/transcribe test results into computer laboratory information system
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills/problem solving
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Self-directed and accountable
• Invigorated by an entrepreneurial environment and high growth company
• Proficient in establishing new laboratory procedures and processes
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of two (2) years of laboratory experience in a high complexity laboratory.
*Experience with preparation and analysis of FISH specimens required.
• Current CA Clinical Laboratory Science license (generalist or genetic molecular biology)
• ASCP certification required
• Familiarity with FDA QSR a plus
Competitive salary, equity compensation, and benefits offered, commensurate with candidate’s background and experience.
Visit our website at www.ignyta.com.
Ignyta, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.