The Clinical Monitoring Research Program (CMRP) provides comprehensive programmatic/project management support to the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) supporting many institutes within the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The Clinical Informatics Analyst is responsible for providing program analyst support to facilitate data collection and analysis activities for complex data sets, designing data capture tools, developing special analytical reports, and managing and coordinating the analysis of data, both directly and indirectly via research subcontracts. The Clinical Informatics Analyst works with NCI Center for Biomedical Information and Informatics Technology, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. leads, and the United States - Latin America Cancer Research Network to establish/refine data management requirements, assess informatics priorities, collaborate with analysts and informatics experts to resolve problems, perform periodic reviews of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), identify inconsistencies, and provide Quality Assurance (QA) to comply with applicable governing regulations. Evaluates informatics platforms and provides recommendations for systems interoperability with diverse data systems used by international cancer research systems. Collaborates with data managers, systems administrators, biostatisticians, study personnel, and others to collect technical requirements and transform into functional informatics solutions. Provides analytical support and ad hoc analysis including design and database queries to extract necessary data. Designs and executes exploratory data analysis and basic statistical analysis on clinical data using Structured Query Language (SQL) and statistical software tools. Facilitates the transfer of information and knowledge sharing with international partners by participating in formal meetings and/or web conferences. Evaluates informatics disaster recovery strategies, and provides support in developing documentation and conducting periodic simulations and testing. Coordinates the development, review, and release of informatics and clinical data management training materials. Some domestic and international travel may be required. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in informatics/computer science/bioinformatics/ biomedical science or related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree.
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of six (6) years related experience in a clinical or healthcare environment with a strong background in clinical data interpretation, visualization, and management.
- Knowledge/thorough understanding of clinical and/or scientific computer applications.
- Possesses data management experience with regard to analyzing large data sets in a business environment.
- Must be able to function independently, requiring originality and judgment, supervise technical staff, and guide informatics efforts and direction to research subcontractors and/or other informatics personnel.
- Must have in-depth computational knowledge in one or more of the following areas: (1) data handling: methods of storing, analyzing and dissemination of genetic information or other life science-related information; (2) familiarity with Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems and (3) software development and integration: development or enhancement of in-house or third party computational tools.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency and scientific creativity.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Master's degree
- Experience leading technical project teams
For more information about the Clinical Monitoring Research Program please visit http://cmrp.ncifcrf.gov/CMRP/Default.aspx
Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is accelerating the development of new technologies and treatments for patients with cancer and AIDS. Leidos Biomedical is the operations and technical support contractor for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federal national laboratory.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Mar 13, 2014, 3:50:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FREDERICK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Biotech, Statistics, QA, Laboratory, Science, Data, Quality, Research