A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Early Clinical Development (ECD), this leader is responsible ible for proactively supporting the SVP in communications, messaging, development of the organization, and implementation of its strategy. In addition, the positions will support the long term vision and mission of the organization. The CoS will work closely with the SVP of ECD to enable effective cross-functional collaboration and communication of enable strategic and efficient delivery of our programs to the WRD organization. The CoS will enable the SVP to effectively communicate and ensure effective messaging to internal and external stakeholders. The CoS will also partner with the SVP ECD and ECD LT on talent management and development, biannual GPM processes and colleague engagement surveys and action planning.
* Drive day-to-day operational support for the ECD SVP key interactions, meetings, presentations, etc.
* Support/coordinate ECDLT and Extended ECDLT
* Help address and coordinate requests from various Pfizer stakeholders, e.g, WRDLT, RU members, GPD members, etc.
* Support selected ECD-related activities (e.g., offsites, site visits, ECD Townhalls, ECD Function Townhalls) * Interface with and engage key stakeholders (e.g., WRD-LT members, WRD-LT Chiefs of Staff and other WRD members, ECD leaders and members, RU and GPD leaders, and Business line leaders) to manage and coordinate operational and planning needs on behalf of the ECD SVP
* Manage and oversee end-to-end planning of ECD LT and Extended LT meetings - Plan and define meeting agendas - Coordinate pre-read and presentation materials - Plan and coordinate attendance of non-LT participants - Issue and track meeting agreements/action items - optimize and focus time on the highest priority areas.
* Support planning, management and coordination of key complex meetings for the SVP of ECD
* Partner with Communications team to support planning and management of internal and external communications needs of the SVP of ECD, e.g., * Town Halls, site visits, external appearances, press releases, media coverage, etc.
* Support ECD vision and goals through close partnership with the strategy and operations function within ECD to effectively implement operational plans and priorities
* Partner with HR to design and lead various development opportunities for groups, teams, and individuals in ECD
* Support the creation of annual ECD goals and mid-year/year-end goals assessment
* From time to time, participate in / lead selected cross-ECD planning efforts & initiatives in partnership with the ECD Head of Business Strategy and Operations
* Manage interface with key external foundations/organizations as it relates to ECD membership
* Help navigate broader WRD and Pfizer organization to quickly connect colleagues to appropriate individuals or resources, as needed
* Develop strong understanding of our R&D strategy, pipeline and capabilities, and actively leverage this knowledge to inform priorities for ECD-LT & SVP of ECD activities
* Provide advice and guidance to the SVP of ECD pertaining to internal events as well as the external environment. Be an objective sounding board.
* Handle correspondence and requests for the SVP of ECD's time.
* Collaborates and coordinates with the COS for WRD to manage business reviews and site visits.
* Works proactively with WRD Chiefs of Staff to deliver robust planning and partnerships.
* Manages and executes critical meetings, events, commitments and communications to ensure input is provided, stakeholders are informed, and successful outcomes are achieved.
* Member of ECDLT with responsibilities for meeting coordination, agenda management, minutes, action tracking and closeout