Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The four-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company has established strategic partnerships with DuPont (agriculture, industrial biotechnology) and Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded human therapeutics company Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA.)
We are seeking an experienced Research Associate to join our Cell Engineering group. The ideal candidate will interact closely with Scientists and other RAs to support cell culture and cell engineering activities.
The main duties and responsibilities are to:
• Culture, maintain and characterize primary mammalian cells and cell lines
• Transfect cells using a range of techniques
• Analyze experiments using flow cytometry and FACS analysis
• Prepare media, manage and order supplies, and maintain equipment
• Coordinate with others to plan workflow
• Compile data to support/contribute to technical reports
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title RA-CE-BSP in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate must possess:
• B.Sc. or equivalent in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics, or a related field
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
• Significant experience culturing, characterizing and transfecting a wide range of primary mammalian cell types
• Considerable, direct, hands-on experience with high throughput cell culture based screening
• Experience with laboratory automation systems
• Strong working knowledge of FACS and flow cytometry-based cell characterization and assays
• Experimental background in immunology
• Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with mammalian iPS or ES cells
• M.Sc. or equivalent in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics, or a related field