Vertex’s Case Managers work in a highly visible, strong team environment to provide exceptional customer service on all levels. Patient Services Case Managers will work with patients, CF Care Centers and partners to gain access to therapy. Specifically, Case Managers will listen to and counsel patients and professionals regarding reimbursement interpret their specific needs and provide friendly, professional and well-informed answers to their questions as well as maintain relationships with patients and CF Care Centers to ensure ongoing compliance with therapy.
* Work closely with patient/family to gain access to therapy:
* Partner with reimbursement vendor to obtain reimbursement information
* Counsel patient/family on reimbursement options and assess financial assistance need
* Act as the liaison and develop relationships with CF Care Centers
* Partner with Field Sales Reps and internal departments to ensure customer problem resolution and consistency of message
* Professionally field incoming telephone calls while making a positive impression
* Answer customer inquiries and resolve customer problems
* Provide ongoing persistency and compliance support
* Maintain confidentiality pertaining to patient health information and act in complete & total compliance with all laws, regulations and Vertex policies
* Bachelor’s Degree (general business, health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy or related disciplines are a plus)
* 2 years of work experience in healthcare industry
* Ability to travel occasionally to sales meetings and accounts, as necessary
* Bachelor’s degree in general business, health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy or a related discipline
* Fluency in Spanish preferred
* Relationship management experience and customer service minded
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently, facilitate appropriate judgment in decision making as well as function as a team player
* Willingness to work in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to multi-task and self-prioritize workload
* Familiarity with all aspects of patient reimbursement a plus (i.e., benefit investigations, prior authorization process, payer reimbursement policies and procedures, regulatory and administrative rules, etc.)
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
See Job Description