SUMMARY: Working independently or with technical sales representatives, the Capital Equipment Sales Specialist is responsible for sales of instruments to new and existing accounts throughout the Northeast region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Meets and/or exceeds company sales forecasts in designated area for assigned products through in-depth knowledge of market segments, technical knowledge, and sales skills
• Identifies potential sales leads and develops sales plan for converting leads to sales using available resources
• Routinely make customer presentations, including establishing a contact list, and moving these contacts through a typical sales process resulting in new business for the Company
• Travels throughout assigned area to develop strong customer relationships to enhance and maintain knowledge of accounts, solicit orders, perform product demonstrations, attend trade shows, and perform troubleshooting
• Regularly utilizes and complies with company policy regarding corporate electronic account management system (CRM), documenting interactions with customers, calendar of appointments, and tracking of opportunities
• Participates in strategic market analysis with colleagues, supervisor, and corporate staff to continue to define potential opportunity to maximize territory potential
• Regularly provides competitive and market trend information to management to assist in identification of new product opportunities and opportunities for special marketing programs
• Works collaboratively in shared accounts to grow the sales of the company overall
• Travel domestically and internationally as required
REQUIREMENTS: M.S. or B.S. degree from a four-year college or university and three to five years of equipment sales experience in the life sciences environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Flow cytometry experience preferred and familiarity with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
Other Requirements: Must possess a valid driver’s license, evidence of insurance/insurability, ability to receive appropriate clearance to access restricted government accounts and be authorized to work in the U.S. We offer a competitive salary, sales incentive, car allowance, and excellent benefits package. There is no relocation associated with this position.