* The primary role of the Capacity Planner is to analyze and plan plant capacity through debottlenecking analyses and development of production scheduling models.
* Responsible for determination of constraints through debottlenecking analyses.
* Develops product bills of capacity, establishing assumptions for capacity planning at each defined level, including Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP), Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) and finite loading of production resources.
* Develops production scheduling models.
* Performs capacity analysis of scenarios and plans generated by the Planning & Scheduling team.
* Conducts technical evaluations including product and process fit-to-plant.
* Provides expertise and assists functional leads in identifying risks and evaluating capacities required to support production, including utility, storage and other capacities.
* Responsible for detailed modeling and analysis which supports ROI and other justification of capacity investments.
* Participates in efforts to prioritize and execute capacity enhancement projects which resolve previously identified constraints.
* Collaborates with Manufacturing and Support Groups to drive optimization of product changeover process.
* Analyzes variance between planned and actual production outputs and capacity utilization.
* Supports metric reporting by managing data and providing information for dashboard reports.
* Interfaces with cross-functional stakeholders including Manufacturing, Facilities, Engineering, Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, QA, QC and Operational Excellence.
* Performs other job duties as required.
* Experienced in resource and capacity modeling applications required.
* Experience working in a biopharma production and/or technical environment with significant exposure to technical operations.
* Knowledge of production facilities, equipment, and processes required.
* Ability to construct detailed process maps and associated analytical communication tools.
* Must be highly quantitative, and have significant expertise in use of Excel and other analytical tools. Prior use of macros, functions, and modeling and simulation capability within Excel and other software is highly desirable.
* General knowledge of project management concepts and tools.
* Possesses understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning.
* Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) preferred.
* Bachelors of Science, business, engineering, or other relevant field required. Relevant masters degree a plus.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.