Sequenta (www.sequenta.com) is a small but rapidly growing company dedicated to the discovery and development of clinical diagnostics based on a revolutionary new platform for understanding immune system status, particularly the immune cell receptor genes. Sequenta’s first clinical application of this technology is to detect very low level of cancer or minimal residual disease in the blood. Sequenta is located at a state-of-the-art facility overlooking the Bay in South San Francisco.
• Accurately perform molecular testing, using a variety of molecular biological techniques including next generation sequencing
• Conduct daily quantitative and qualitative assessment of molecular data generated during the course of testing
• Carry out QC/QA activities as part of the company’s Quality program and commitment to patient safety
• Participate in a variety of other essential laboratory activities, including reagent qualification, inventory management, procedure writing, inspection preparation, test validation, and equipment maintenance
• Proficient performing nucleic acid extraction and running test on next generation sequencing platform
• Organize workflow to test patient samples and report results efficiently and accurately following Standard Operating Procedures
• Participate in the development and validation of new assays and technology transfer from development to CLIA
• Support accessioning operations of clinical samples
• May train and supervise Lab Assistants
• Capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results
• Work schedule may be modified to meet operation requirements. Applicants must be flexible in work time and shifts.
Experience & Qualifications
• Required - Applicants must hold a current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic and Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS) license and a Bachelors’ degree in biological sciences or medical technology.
• >2 years’ experience in a California CLIA certified laboratory, with a minimum of 1 year experience in Molecular testing preferred
• Experience with nucleic acid extraction, PCR, and sequencing (next generation sequencing) is preferred
• Excellent laboratory skills, strong verbal and written communications skills are necessary
• Have the ability to thrive in a challenging, highly diverse team environment
• Working knowledge of laboratory functions (ex. LIS, LIMS, Quality, etc.)