This Business Intelligence Manager will partner with external research & development and Commercial licensing teams (Inflammation, Neurology, Nephrology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic among others) to provide a point of view on key competitive developments for assets under review in Business Development, implications to Amgen and Amgen's pipeline, and recommended actions.
This role can be based in South San Francisco or Thousand Oaks, CA
Job Responsibilities Include:
* Help identify pipeline/commercial gaps and drive the translation of the therapeutic area strategies into Business Development priorities
* Apply structured problem solving to collect, analyze and report therapeutic area insights, incorporating primary and secondary data sources to generate actionable and strategic insights
* Conduct research such as (but not limited to) current available therapies, targets, competing compounds in development, clinical development plans of late-stage competitors, primary and secondary indications, key events, competitor deal structures and terms, and company and asset profiles
* Distill data into concise analysis/reports, recommendations and implications to enable sound decision making for investing in external assets
* Act as an internal consultant and knowledge specialist to provide in-depth research of therapeutic area external landscape, competitive intelligence to support engaging in due diligence of targeted assets and post-deal partner intelligence through robust use of technical databases
* Work in a highly cross functional manner and manage changing priorities across several key customers
* Maintain a current awareness of developments in multiple Therapeutic Areas, (likely to be from among Inflammation, Nephrology, Neurology and Cardiovascular)
* Domestic travel (15-20%)
Master's degree and 2 years of biopharmaceutical industry or consulting experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years biopharmaceutical industry or consulting experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of biopharmaceutical industry or consulting experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of biopharmaceutical industry or consulting experience
- 6+ years of experience working in, or with, biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceutics, or healthcare strategy consulting environments in areas such as competitive intelligence, business development, strategy, commercial or market research
- Master's degree with Business Intelligence, Competitive Intelligence or Life Science focus
- Understand the landscape from a scientific, drug development and commercialization perspective
- Strong knowledge of, and experience using, databases such as, but not limited to: Thomson Cortellis, RECAP, Evaluate Pharma, Thomson One, Citeline Trialtrove, Pharmaprojects and BioMedTracker
- Experience within one or more therapeutic areas, with specific experience in Inflammation, Neurology, Nephrology and Cardiovascular
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Decisive and comfortable working within an ambiguous environment; ability to fit the project to the problem
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.