Be a part of a growing and innovative organization!
Ajinomoto Althea is currently seeking a Business Development Professional in our Sales Department. This position will be responsible for the West Coast US and parts of Asia. Ideally this candidate will be based on the West Coast.
As part of the field sales team, this position will sell contract development and manufacturing services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the sterile therapeutics sector. Selling is garnered by building relationships with customers and providing expertise and exceptional customer service to accounts.
• Works along with VP of Sales to establish sales strategies and build customer relationships.
• Develops relationships with clients to understand key applications and generate customer driven product requirements.
• Achieves or exceeds sales goals and objectives by actively selling to clients in the field. Frequent travel will be required to visit customers in person.
• Develops a working knowledge of current and potential activities that may affect revenues. Utilizes pre-call planning for increased effectiveness.
• Maintains contact with existing customers as well as develops new customers in order to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
• Calls upon clients to develop new sales and travel throughout territory.
• Presents sales presentations for internal and external customers.
• Develops proposals on prospective opportunities with minimal edits
• Assists the VP of Sales with product trending and industry/market trending and may routinely gather account and client information.
• Interfaces with quality systems and manufacturing and quality management personnel on issues related to products in the field.
• Utilizes the CRM database to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness and aid sales.
• Stays current on developments within the industry. Attends tradeshows.
• Utilizes technical expertise and expanding customer relationships to identify areas of improvement and new product opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in a life sciences field.
• Eight plus (8+) years of direct, relevant experience in sales/business development.
• Must have previous work experience in a Contract Manufacturing Organization or with the development, manufacturing or analytical testing of sterile biotechnology products.
• Previously managed a budget of 10M or greater.
• Ability to build key customer relationships with the ability to educate and demonstrate technical value propositions.
• High aptitude to learn technical and scientific information.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
Ajinomoto Althea, located in San Diego, CA, is a contract development and manufacturing organization that specializes in cGMP manufacturing, analytical development, aseptic filling into vials & syringes, and protein delivery technology for recombinant protein and parenteral products. In a single location, Althea has the experience, expertise, capacity, and flexibility to serve as a strategic partner for drug development and manufacturing needs for early- stage and commercial requirements.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.atheatech.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
Althea is an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.