The Business Analyst works as a liaison among business stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. The role is responsible for understanding and documenting business requirements for specific business problems within the domain, translating business requirements into functional and non-functional specifications, and verifying that solutions meet the requirements. This is done through research, fact-finding, and skilled analysis methods combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements. This role also collaborates with other project team members to determine alternative solutions and estimates for data, processes, interfaces, controls and outputs to fit within the schedule and budget.
The role also provides estimates for resource requirements to the respective Leads of Business Management and Informatics & Analytics for efficient resource management and staffing for on-going support as well as for projects.
Actively participates in community of practice for Business Analysts across different domains.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understand, identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities and advising business on options, risks and costs versus benefits of various solutions
* Works with Business Partners to assist in business process redesign as needed for realization of business benefits.
* Lead development of use cases to explain / demonstrate business requirements / specifications to the technology team
* Provide input to the development of formal business cases
* Oversee compliance to and utilization of Medi's BPM methodology and tools within the Research domain; provide feedback and enhancements for continuous improvement of methodology and tool.
* Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional specifications. Develop functional prototypes to further illustrate the business need. Actively manage and communicate changes to specifications.
* Compile all elicitation results and analyze requirements to help determine the best solution
* Act as the liaison between project stakeholders and the technical organization. Navigate the politics within the organization, especially as it relates to balancing needs of the business with the technical feasibility of the solution.
* Models business information and processes.
* Involve in the development of project plans and often provides project management skills when these skills are not available in other project participants. Provide input into project / resource estimating activities; work with the development team to ensure that requirements are understood
* Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business (including COTS software packages), and if not, whether new solutions are feasible. Provides input to buy vs. build decisions.
* Provide input into solution design, architecture, testing, and data management activities of the project to ensure that solution meets the requirements.
* Support the Application Architect in understanding and assessing the fit and gaps between solution design and business requirements.
* Help analyze impact of proposed solution on existing technology platforms.
* Participates in validating, testing, and updating project documentation. Validate that the solution design meets business and functional requirements. Review test plans and testing results while maintaining traceability of end user requirements. Assist end-users in preparation and execution of User Acceptance testing.
* Identify and communicate risks to delivering solutions on time
* Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team; work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations
* Act as customer for the development team, on behalf of the project stakeholders and verify decisions made with stakeholders
* Ensure successful solution transition to the support organizations and business users. Support end users and support desk personnel on advanced product and usage issues
* Develop training material and facilitate in learning sessions
* Establish strong relationships with business stakeholders to understand the strategic direction and priorities for the domain
* Collaborate with Business Management Director to prioritize projects, determine asset management and investment strategies, and coordinate roadmap and budgeting processes
* This position will require constant collaborative interactions with co-workers across functional groups and departments. Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Participate in community building efforts including knowledge capture, capability building and sharing of leading practices
* Support cross-domain technology and process improvement initiatives
* Promote teamwork across various technology groups in the domain
* 3 to 5 years of experience in business analysis for life science organizations.
* 3+ years of experience working/supporting domain functions. Strong knowledge of domain business operations, management of domain technology operations (preferably for Biopharma), good understanding of key domain business processes and how various functions within the domain operate.
* Demonstrated ability in liaising with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
* Experience in business analysis or business integration function and awareness of emerging business process automation trends
* Experience within a regulated environment is a plus, including experience complying with the relevant FDA regulations
* Certification / experience in Operational Excellence / Six Sigma highly desired
* Excellent communication (particular written/documentation) skills and excellent presentations skills.
* B.S. (required) /M.S (preferred) in Information Technologies, Business Management, or related field.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.