Adamas is a pharmaceutical company that develops new medicines to improve the daily lives of those affected by chronic neurologic disorders. Approximately 36 million people in the United States suffer from conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease (PD), multiple sclerosis and epilepsy. Symptoms associated with these disorders can be treated sub-optimally due to tolerability issues, which may limit the amount of drug that is present when patients need relief.
Adamas has pioneered a platform to develop medicines for chronic neurologic disorders based upon an understanding of time-dependent biologic processes responsible for disease activity and drug response. We translate this understanding into medicines to provide demonstrable symptomatic relief from chronic neurologic disorders without additional tolerability issues. With this platform we:
• discover insights about the underlying temporal patterns of disease activity and drug response;
• identify known drugs with potential activity in the disease and synchronize the blood levels needed in the body to match the underlying disease activity pattern; and
• develop new medicines that match the release of the drug to the synchronized blood profile, first as single agents then in fixed-dose combinations.
We call these medicines chrono-synchronous therapies.
We have developed a portfolio of CSTs to address chronic neurologic disorders. Our lead program, ADS-5102, developed initially for levodopa-induced dyskinesia (LID) in patients with Parkinson’s disease, is currently being evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for potential approval in 2017. ADS-5102 has additional opportunities to provide potentially symptomatic treatment of other chronic neurologic disorders such as multiple sclerosis walking impairment, post stroke walking impairment, and several other indications. ADS-4101 is our most recent clinical development asset, entering the clinic for the improved control of epileptic seizures. Additionally, through our license to Allergan, our portfolio includes two medicines commercially available in the United States for indications relating to Alzheimer’s disease: Namzaric® (memantine hydrochloride extended-release and donepezil hydrochloride) capsules and Namenda XR® (memantine hydrochloride) extended-release capsules. Adamas is eligible to receive royalties on sales of Namenda XR® and Namzaric® beginning in June of 2018 and May of 2020, respectively. Our business strategy is to continue to discover, develop and commercialize new treatment solutions for patients independently or in collaboration with partners.
NAMENDA XR® and NAMZARIC® are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA.
The Brand Team Leader/Senior Director, Marketing will be responsible for leading the ADS-5102 Brand Team, managing all aspects of marketing and launch of Adamas’ lead product, from pre-commercialization through commercialization. Additionally, this position oversees marketing campaigns and initiatives and will collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that such are implemented in alignment with product goals and objectives. Additionally, this position oversees marketing campaigns and initiatives and will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that plans are implemented in alignment with product goals and objectives. The Brand Team Leader/Senior Director, Marketing will report to the Vice President, Marketing and Sales is based in Emeryville, CA.
• Builds and manages a team of marketing professionals and consultants that can optimize launch readiness plans and leverage additional pipeline products;
• Develops and executes comprehensive and innovative marketing strategies and tactics including disease state education and branded product messaging and positioning;
• Works in collaboration with external vendors and stakeholders to align on marketing strategies, tactics and activities
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Market Access, Business Analytics, and Sales Operations to execute launch readiness plans
• Manages external advertising agency campaigns to ensure they are delivering results;
• Collaborates on key customer mapping and other internal commercial readiness activities;
• In collaboration with other commercial stakeholders, participates in the evaluation of market landscape initiatives including monitoring and assessment of the effectiveness of marketing and promotional strategies and tactics;
• Manages the marketing budget consistent with the financial goals and objectives of the company, including efficient management of vendors and contracted resources;
• Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years marketing experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry;
• Recent experience launching products with demonstrated success on meeting and/or exceeding launch objectives and goals;
• Experience with CNS product sales is highly desired.
• Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability see the big picture and dive into details to perform the work as needed;
• In-depth knowledge of promotional and selling processes that achieve high quality results;
• Proven leadership skills in motivating a team of marketing professionals;
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to drive to consensus;
• Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas and influence others that achieve desired results;
• Flexible, adaptable and able to effectively deal with ambiguity;
• Ability to develop and deliver a well-articulated Adamas value proposition to external parties, key opinion leaders, and senior management;
• Ability to travel as business needs require;
• Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
• Fit with Adamas’ culture and values.
Principals only. No recruiters, please.