PACT Pharma is an exciting new company with laboratories in Hayward, CA and Pasadena, CA. PACT was created to develop adoptive T-cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) to identify T cells that recognize mutations that are specific to each patient’s cancer. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoantigen-reactive cells are then expressed on T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: an army of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s unique cancer cells.
We are seeking a bioinformatics scientist to generate insights into immuno-oncology through analysis of tumor genome, transcriptome, and T cell receptor gene sequences. Your knowledge of genetics, statistics, and bioinformatics will be integrated with ambitious laboratory and clinical programs to develop personalized immunotherapies for cancer patients with challenging diagnoses. Your knowledge of bioinformatics algorithms, integrated with a steady source of incoming patient genomic data, will provide critical input for therapy development. You will be a key part of a team that is developing personalized and state-of-the-art immuno-oncology treatments.
• A PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or a related field
• Demonstrated ability to work productively within a cross disciplinary team environment
• A solid track record of using computational analysis to make biological discoveries
• Must understand the fundamentals of biostatistics, cellular immunology and genetics
• Be familiar with bioinformatics algorithms, including variant calling and transcriptomics
• Fluent in Linux-based operating systems, SQL and Python and/or related languages
• Experience analyzing large sequence data sets
• Experience building bioinformatics pipelines
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date in relevant immuno-oncology literature
• Experience computing in a Google cloud or AWS environment considered a plus
We are looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a fast-growing and well-funded biotechnology company. Position will initially be located in Pasadena and may require relocation to Northern CA. Must have flexibility with location.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, C.V. to:
email@example.com. Please reference job posting PP-BI in the subject line