We are looking for a Bioinformatics Analyst in our Translational Genetics Group. The position will take on responsibilities for providing broad bioinformatics support for genetics projects within the Translational Genetics group and manipulating and representing large-scale phenotypic and genotypic data sets to support the analysis and presentation of results. Primary responsibilities will be to provide programming expertise to support the spectrum of Translational Genetics research, including the development and application of bioinformatics algorithms to aid in the discovery activities of the Translational Genetics team and its development activities. The goals of this team are to apply human genetics to novel target discovery, identify indications for drug programs, and stratify patients/diseases through genetic analyses and functional biology studies.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming proficiencies with familiarity of next-generation sequence and genotyping data, existing genomic databases, and methods and algorithms for genomic analyses. Experience in genome sequence and variant analysis, experimental design, and statistical methods for genetic analyses and interpretation is highly recommended.
* Work directly with the lead of the Mendelian Genetics group at the Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) to provide bioinformatics support for family-based analyses, implement existing analytical tools, and develop novel algorithms for genetic analyses at the RGC.
* Interface with Translational Genetics team members to provide day-to-day bioinformatics support to implement analytical strategies for genetic studies.
* Interface with Translational Genetics team members to provide intuitive and interpretable graphical representations of primary data and results from genetic analyses.
* Survey the literature for methodologies of data analysis, manipulation, and representation. Integrate such methodologies into study opportunities and internal considerations to facilitate the studies performed at the RGC.
* Incorporate multiple data sources from publicly available and other databases to inform on potential genes of interest derived from the Translational Genetics group studies.
* Interface with members of other RGC teams including analytical genetics, clinical informatics, functional modeling, and genome informatics teams at the RGC to facilitate genetics projects.
* Assist in the preparation of scientific presentations, manuscripts, and reports, including the preparation of tables, figures, and graphs depicting research results.
* Communicate and report study findings and analyses with colleagues within the RGC, Regeneron scientists and colleagues, and external collaborators.