The Clinical Monitoring Research Program (CMRP) provides comprehensive programmatic/project management support to the Frederick National Laboratories for Cancer Research (FNLCR) supporting many institutes within the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The Bioinformatics Analyst III will be responsible for providing program analyst support to facilitate data collection and analysis activities for complex data sets, design data capture tools, develop special analytical reports, and manage and coordinate the analysis of data. This position will work with NCI Center for Biomedical Information and Informatics Technology (CBIIT)/Leidos Biomedical Research leads and the United States - Latin America Clinical Research Network (US-LA CRN) to establish/refine data management requirements, assess informatics priorities, collaborate with other analysts to resolve problems, perform periodic review of Standard Operating Procedures, identify inconsistencies, and provide quality assurance to comply with applicable governing regulations. Evaluates informatics platforms and provides recommendations for systems interoperability with diverse data systems used by international cancer research systems. Collaborates with data managers, systems administrators, biostatisticians, study personnel, and others to collect technical requirements and transform into functional solutions. Facilitates the transfer of information and knowledge sharing with international partners by participating in formal meetings and/or web conferences. Evaluates informatics disaster recovery strategies and provides support in conducting periodic simulations and testing. Coordinates the development, review, and release of informatics and clinical data management training materials. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science/bioinformatics/math/computer related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of six (6) years related experience in a laboratory environment with a strong background in database management and utility programming.
- General chemistry/biology knowledge with a thorough understanding of scientific computer applications.
- Computer skills should include demonstrated experience in the following: database administration or development; object-oriented programming; Web-page design and programming (HTML, PHP); software integration with instrumentation; genomic computational experience; and/or the writing of scripts, macros or the use of APIs.
- Must have in-depth computational knowledge in one or more of the following areas: 1) Data handling: methods of storing, analyzing and dissemination of genetic information or other life science-related information; 2) Familiarity with EDC systems and 3) Software development and integration: development or enhancement of in-house or third party computational tools.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Master's Degree, Experience with OpenClinica a plus.
For more information about the Clinical Monitoring Research Program please visit http://cmrp.ncifcrf.gov/CMRP/Default.aspx
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Aug 6, 2013, 8:07:26 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FREDERICK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Biotech, Engineer, Developer, Informatics, Science, Engineering, Technology, Research