The Bio-Process Development Scientist is responsible for process development of PaxVax's various viral vaccine program, which includes suspension cell culture in bioreactor, purification and diafiltration/ultrafiltraton, lyophilization processes. This position reports directly to the Director of Process Development and Production.
• Develop and optimize viral purification by chromatography and ultrafiltration
• Develop and optimize bioreactor operation for mammalian suspension cells
• Write grant application
• Write technical reports
• Support IND CMC section writing
• Minimum of 5 years' relevant industry experience with a M.S degree or 2 years’ experience with a Ph.D. degree.
• Master or Ph.D. of Science/engineering in Biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline is preferred
• Team player and quick learner
• Cell culture experience is necessary.
• Bioreactor experience is necessary
• Anion Exchange Purification experience necessary
• Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience is preferred
• Good data analysis skills
• cGMP experience is preferred
• Molecular biology and virology knowledge is preferred
• Good aseptic techniques
• Good writing skills