YOU HAVE STEM EXPERTISE AND WANT TO GIVE BACK
Are you one of many STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) professionals who has a desire to share your passion with younger generations and make a difference for public school students?
STUDENTS NEED YOU
STEM achievement and career opportunities are disproportionately limited for youth in under-resourced school districts. The severe shortage of high-quality teachers to improve resources and outcomes leaves low-income and minority students particularly vulnerable. This isn’t right.
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Program empowers STEM industry experts to become exceptional teachers, tutors, and educators. Heading into our 10th year of public service, we are the only nonprofit in California (or the nation) that enables STEM professionals, military veterans, and retirees to explore a career transition to teaching or volunteer tutoring in a low risk, highly supported way.
EnCorps Fellows directly impact the next generation of innovators, scientists and engineers, and are uniquely positioned to transform public STEM education. EnCorps provides comprehensive training and support as you personally engage with students in need and explore a move into a career that truly changes our world.
OUR INNOVATIVE MODEL OFFERS:
- Immediate access to working with high need students
- Mentorship from EnCorps staff and a host teacher
- Exam support and credentialing guidance
- Scholarship opportunities for credentialing and professional development
- Access to networks and schools for full time teaching employment
- Robust slate of professional development webinars and in person institutes
- Cohort of peers who share ideas and best practices
HOW TO APPLY
EnCorps offers a free selective Fellowship experience requiring:
- Residence in an EnCorps service area (San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles Area, Orange County, San Diego County). Please note the Los Angeles Area includes SFV, SGV, Ventura County, Long Beach, etc.
- At least 3 years of full time work / research experience as a STEM industry professional
- Eligibility to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
- An undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.50 or higher
*You do not need prior experience in education, and you must not currently hold a California single subject credential*
Selection for the 2017 Cohort is underway! Apply online at http://encorps.org/apply. To be considered for our next round of interviews in Los Angeles, please apply by January 18, 2017.
NEED MORE INFO?
Join our next live webinar (or watch a recorded one) at www.encorps.org/webinar
Get in touch with Bethany Orozco, LA Area Program & Recruitment Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-293-9220.