This is a position for a highly innovative, passionate, and energetic Scientist to develop adeno-associated viral vector technologies for ophthalmic disease targets in an industry setting. The candidate should be extremely motivated to scientifically contribute to the dynamic research program at Avalanche Biotechnologies as well as assist other cross-functional teams when needed.
• Pursue work with the goal of carrying out novel research of the highest quality to understand, improve, and advance Avalanche Biotech’s product pipeline.
• Independently design and execute experiments following appropriate laboratory procedures and produce competent and reproducible results to a high technical standard.
• Appropriately analyze data, interpret results, and maintain accurate records with minimum supervision
• Participate in the development of assays for the characterization of vector products
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• The candidate should possess a Ph.D. in the Biomedical Sciences. The candidate should also have been productive and successful during his/her post-doctoral training
• A broad knowledge base in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, and gene therapy. Background in the area of retinal diseases is desired and understanding of AAV biology is favorable.
• Have at least three first-author papers in peer-reviewed journals.
• Expertise in a variety of laboratory techniques such as recombinant DNA technology, including qPCR, vectorology, DNA/RNA isolation and analysis; sterile tissue culture techniques; biochemical techniques including, Western Blot, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, and ELISA.
• Experience with ocular in vivo animal models is preferred and know-how with the baculovirus expression system is a plus.
• Also required:
• Qualified candidates should be detail oriented and have good time management skills
• Must be proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in a small team environment
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software