The Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD) Informatics group is responsible for the development of systems, databases and applications that support the operation and knowledge management of the BPD organization.
You will support the BPD side of the R&D organization and will focus on System support and instrument data acquisition. The System, referred to as BPD Console, is an ecosystem of custom-built applications and databases that manage information generated by the process scientists. A second area of focus is implementing automation that enables collection of data generated by laboratory instruments into centralized repositories.
You will apply your knowledge and experience to bring efficiency to the Bioprocess Development organization. You will work within project teams to create applications that bring efficiency to laboratory workflows. You will support the BPD Console by working with scientists to resolve issues relating to production applications and to revise existing applications in response to the changing needs of the business. You will collaborate with laboratory scientists and IT to connect all laboratory instruments to one of two centralized repositories: 1) OSI Pi - for instruments producing continuous data 2) R&D Instrument Data Repository -- for instruments producing discreet data. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a simple interface for the scientists to discover instrument data presented in a usable, electronic format.
- For the AE II - BS with a minimum of five years of relevant experience or an MS with minimum three years of relevant experience
- For the AE III - BS with a minimum of eight years of relevant experience, MS with minimum five years of relevant experience or PhD with zero to three years of relevant experience
- Degree in a major scientific discipline (such as Chemistry or Biology), computer science, informatics or chemical engineering
- Working knowledge of relational database design, Windows and Web application development
- Experience with bioprocess equipment and laboratory instrument data acquisition
- Experience using OPC / OPC Server to connect process equipment to historians, databases or other end points
- Experience in programming in ASP.NET, java script, VB.NET
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team-centered environment
- High level of initiative, independence and ability to execute work under minimal supervision.
Next Steps – Apply today!
- Expertise in SQL
- Familiarity with bioprocess development experience working as a bench scientist
- Experience working with and creating relational databases, specifically SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Familiarity with NoSQL and graph databases
- Good verbal and written communication skills
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.