Lilly is the 10th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity.
• Ensure a safe working environment through compliance with safety rules and improving safety culture.
• Assess and maintain the qualified state of systems supported.
• Stay aligned and actively involved with internal customers, understanding their issues, priorities and objectives.
• Respond to and implement customer requests.
• Troubleshoot problems.
• Develop and maintain control system documentation and code – define user requirements, develop system design documentation, design system architecture, develop code, perform testing, and assist with IQ/OQ/PQ.
• Assure that all capital projects are aligned with the Automation Strategy and that all established standards are followed.
• Utilize good project management skills to provide software development timelines/milestones, to stay within cost constraints, and to deliver projects on time.
• Seek out, define and implement control system, production process, and business improvements.
• Manage contract resources while maintaining ownership for the end product.
• Copy, reuse, and replicate standards and control code developed by others.
• Stay current with validation expectations
• Develop and maintain validation documentation
• Develop and implement methods or procedures that build a consistent validation infrastructure.
• Interact with various regulatory agencies as a subject matter expert during audits and assessments.
• Provide technical automation expertise as active member of area process team.
• Identify and deliver improvement opportunities (equipment upgrades, efficiency increases, human error prevention, etc.) associated with processes and equipment within the area
• Utilize formal problem solving techniques, including Root Cause Analysis, to resolve automation issues. Implement corrections, corrective actions, and countermeasures arising from CAPA’s
• Communicate effectively with others
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology (or equivalent work experience).
• Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
• Previous automation or process engineering experience.
• Experience programming Allen-Bradley ControlLogix platform.
• Experience programming Allen-Bradley FTView SE platform.
• Pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Strong automation technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
• Commissioning and Qualification and Computer System Validation experience.
• Good written and oral communications, including demonstrated ability to create and review technical documents.
• Adequate interpersonal and communications skills to be able to work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Ability to work in a safe manner to ensure the safety of self and others.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goals.
• Standard 8 hour days, after-hour/on-call support may be required for systems operating 24/7/365.
• Maintenance shutdown support for automation systems required as scheduled (may include designated company holiday periods).
• Occasional travel may be required for training, conferences, capital projects, etc.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status