If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
This position can be filled at either the Associate Scientist I or Associate Scientist II level depending upon experience.
You will collaborate with scientists from different therapeutic areas to use display libraries for lead isolation against a wide array of targets and diseases. You will also support efforts to implement and/or improve technologies, including designing and executing experiments, analyzing and interpreting data and presenting results to larger groups.
* Associate Scientist II: Masters of Science with four to six years of experience in molecular biology and protein biochemistry
* Associate Scientist I: Bachelors of Science with five to eight years of experience in antibody discovery and protein engineering, or Masters of Science with zero to three years of extensive experience in antibody display technologies, molecular biology and protein biochemistry
* Experience with one of several display-based technologies
* Considerable experience in molecular biology, particularly DNA cloning, protein biochemistry and cell culture techniques
* Experience in optimizing/troubleshooting protocols with a problem-solving mindset
* Familiarity with deep sequencing, automation and high-throughput screening from bacterial or mammalian expression systems
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and have demonstrated a strong ability to work within teams
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.