Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including three programs currently in clinical testing with two more expected to start clinical testing in 2017 and have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Scientist/Scientist, Cell Biology to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with ten in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
The cell biology department plays an important role in early discovery projects, screening and QC of therapeutic antibodies and supports translational medicine efforts of the company. We have an excellent opportunity for a scientist to join our team. You will be integrated into our group of highly motivated biologists, and you will support our efforts to identify therapeutic antibody candidates using cellular and immunological methods. We are seeking candidates who have experience and training in either lymphocyte or myeloid cell biology and possess the ability to work in diverse areas of immunology and oncology.
Job duties will include:
• Develop, conduct, and trouble shoot immunological and cellular bioassays to support development of clinical candidates.
• Support translational and in-vivo experiments conducted to test efficacy and safety of our therapeutic antibodies.
• Documentation of experimental protocols, design and details in laboratory notebook.
• Statistical analysis and interpretation of experimental data and preparation of presentation ready graphs.
• Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology or related field with 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience. Research experience in monocyte, macrophage or dendritic cell function preferred.
• Technical expertise in different bioassays including proliferation, apoptosis, viability, activation, and cytotoxicity assays using various read-outs including flow cytometry, luminescence, fluorescence, and ELISA.
• Experience and expertise in multi-color flow cytometry
• Extensive experience in tissue culture in particular experience in culturing primary cells from mouse or human tissues
• Experience in use of software such as Prism for data and statistical analysis.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume.
For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE