Research Scientist (Protein Sciences)
Precision Immune Inc., a growing San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking a highly motivated and committed Protein Scientist with significant experience working with monoclonal antibodies. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, purifying, and biophysically and biochemically characterizing antibodies and other proteins in-house, as well as with partners and CROs. This will primarily be a lab-based scientist position.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Lead the innovation, design, quality control, and delivery of candidate therapeutic antibodies and reagent proteins.
• Work with project teams to coordinate protein needs of early and mid-stage projects.
• Ensure and follow-up on work progress, as well as communicate in a clear manner, highlighting any technical issues/opportunities and providing potential solutions.
• PhD with at least 1-3 years of relevant research experience, preferably with some experience in an industrial setting.
• Understanding of the technical, clinical and intellectual property landscape of antibodies.
• Familiar with lab and manufacturing scale mammalian cell, E.coli, yeast, or insect cell expression systems.
• Demonstrable protein biochemistry and molecular biology skills including affinity chromatography, ion exchange, SEC, ELISA, PAGE, SPR, plasmid production / DNA sequencing, and transient HEK/CHO expression,.
• General knowledge of lab software systems along with searching for literature, patents and analyzing sequences.
• Familiarity with protein crystallization, protein structure visualization and modelling software suites would be advantageous.
Precision Immune Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
Please send CV to: email@example.com