If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
- Degree in chemical, pharmaceutical or mechanical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related engineering or pharmaceutical science field.
- The Scientist I: PhD with no required experience, or a BS or MS degree with >10 years of experience.
- biopharmaceutical drug product development
- fill-finish unit operations including formulation, mixing, filtration, fill and lyophilization
- biopharmaceutical degradation pathways and mechanisms
- QbD, experimental design, statistics, modeling
- leadership, communication, teaching and mentoring
- technical writing and documentation
- cGMP, aseptic processing , and related regulatory literature
- device assembly, labeling and packaging processes
- packaging design, development and validation
- ability to handle multiple ongoing work streams in an organized fashion
- Suitable experience may include development of FF, lyophilization, or device assembly processes.
- A high degree of self-motivation, scientific curiosity, and scientific rigor is required.
- Experience organizing and leading cross-functional teams is valuable.
- Though this position is in Development, we will consider strong candidates with GMP processing experience, e.g. in technical services, project management, QA or validation.
- We will also consider strong candidates from a device development or small molecule parenteral background.
- Excellent writing, verbal and listening skills. Presentations/reports to senior management and high-level industry audiences.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.