The successful candidate will work in the laboratory as member of a group investigating the mechanisms underlying inflammatory, autoimmune and respiratory diseases with the goal of generating new therapies for the treatment of patients in need. The candidate will support internal and external preclinical discovery efforts and active drug development programs, through validation studies, screening assays for the selection and functional characterization of new lead monoclonal antibodies in vitro and in in vivo, and biomarker discovery focused on disease pathogenesis and targeted therapy. The selected individual will be a well-organized and a highly productive bench scientist that can design and execute experiments efficiently and interpret data in the context of multidisciplinary project teams. This position requires excellent communication skills and ability to perform in a matrix structured work environment. The candidate is also expected to manage and prioritize a number of different projects and tasks in line with the priorities and goals of the department.
* Extensive hands-on research experience and technical skills
* Excellent scientific understanding of immunology
* Excellent organizational skills, record keeping and data presentation, and capable of independently designing and executing experiments.
* Proven ability to generate high quality data and reports for internal meetings, publication in peer reviewed journals or IND filings.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a matrixed environment and collaborate with scientists internally and externally.
* In vivo experience modeling pathogenic processes relevant to vascular/autoimmune/respiratory diseases preferred
* Previous experience in aspects of drug discovery/development in the biotech industry is preferred.
* BS degree with 8+ years or MS degree with 5+ years of immunological research experience.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.