If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an Associate Scientist I or II – Cancer Biology, in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent. Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Department of Oncology at MedImmune, LLC is seeking a highly motivated cancer stem cell biologist or immuno-oncologist with a proven track record in cancer research. In collaboration with other scientists, you will use in vitro and in vivo techniques to plan and execute research aiming to discover the mechanisms underpinning cancer stem cells and immune evasion, and translate these learnings into novel therapeutic approaches. In this cross-functional role, you will participate in project teams and work in a multidisciplinary environment in order to advance projects. This is a hands-on, laboratory-based position.
- AS I -- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience OR a Master's Degree with 2+ years of experience
- AS II -- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience OR a Master's Degree with 5+ years of experience
- Strong cell biology experience in tissue culture techniques, isolation and culture of primary cells and the use of co-culture systems.
- Understanding of immunology and cancer biology
- Experience with executing and analyzing multicolor flow cytometry
- Experience with RNA/DNA/protein handling, immunoassays, quantitative PCR, and reporter assays
- Preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- In vivo experience with xenograft models, syngeneic, and/or GEM models
- Previous experience with cancer stem cell culture methods
- Ability to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.