Avitide is a biotechnology company that provides a platform technology to rapidly discover and deliver high-performance affinity purification solutions for the biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing industry. Avitide is seeking a qualified candidate to build upon their motivated and highly integrated, interdisciplinary team to pursue the rapid development of novel affinity separation solutions for our biopharmaceutical partners. The Avitide technology enables its partners with exclusive, high-yield, high purity affinity separation technologies that are delivered with an industry-leading service timeline to reduce cost of manufacturing and accelerate the delivery of new medicines to patients.
Avitide's founding team brings substantial expertise and a track record of success in commercializing innovative biopharmaceutical discovery and manufacturing platform technologies. Avitide is financed by top-tier private equity and venture capital firms such as Mithril Capital Management, Polaris Venture Partners, OrbiMed Advisors, SV Life Sciences, NeoMed Management, and Borealis Ventures.
Avitide is located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, and is minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The surrounding New Hampshire and Vermont areas are renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, kayaking, and biking. Avitide offers individually tailored compensation packages comprised of competitive salary, bonus, benefits, and equity components.
About This Position
Avitide bioanalytics operate in a tightly integrated manner with affinity resin development and plays an active role in shaping high-performance purification solutions for Avitide’s biopharmaceutical partners. Qualified candidates will generate key analytic data for diverse biopharmaceuticals and enable results that allow rapid iterative product optimization in real time. This position will also be exposed to multiple opportunities for cross training in purification process development. Avitide seeks candidates who are highly self-motivated and can work in a collaborative fashion with other interdisciplinary team members in a fast-paced company that seeks to transform the downstream bioprocessing industry.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of BS/MS with 1+ years of industrial experience within a biopharmaceutical bioprocess research and development setting
• Experience in bioanalysis and assay technologies particularly analysis of finished biopharmaceuticals
• Pharmaceutical product analysis (release assays) including product purity, titer, activity and impurity analysis (e.g. HCP, DNA)
o Appropriate techniques might include
? ELISA and related immunological assays
? HPLC and MS
? Capillary electrophoresis and charge variant analysis
? Stability testing by CD, thermal shift assays and other biophysical techniques
? Enzymatic activity and biochemical assays
• Understanding of statistical methods to ensure quality of results in a research environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills to coordinate demands from multiple projects
• Demonstrated history of strong hands-on ability, problem solving, and independent experimental design and execution
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the interpretation of analytical results and correlate the results with product development initiatives
• Design and development of analytical assays to monitor critical quality attributes for our partners’ biopharmaceuticals
• Guide the technical transfer of analytical methods from Avitide partners
• Performance of quantitative analytical assays in a timely manner
• Implement and oversee appropriate quality assurance mechanisms
• Experience with robotic liquid handling and automation
• High throughput data analysis
Avitide Cultural Qualities:
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation
• Actively contribute to our collaborative team culture
• Ability to work autonomously and effectively under broad directives
• Agile and quick to adapt
• Excellent and timely communication skills