At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
As the Associate Director, Transactions you will be an important member of the Company's Global Product Portfolio & Strategy (GPPS) Business Development Team. You will have the experience and judgment to directly manage specialist transaction-related projects, and to work collaboratively with (and effectively implement direction from) with Transaction Directors and business colleagues in support of major transactions. Transactions may include product licensing, divestment, asset or company acquisition or complex partner collaboration. Your role is managing high-level risk, requiring strategic thinking and the development of innovative solutions while applying a comprehensive cross-functional and industry understanding. You must have the ability to conduct clear and accurate high-level interactive communications with internal and external parties. Your role further requires the exercise of good judgment as well as business and cultural sensitivity.
- 10+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- 5+ years of experience in alliance management, project management, licensing & business development, finance, account management, and/or pharmaceutical sales management
- Negotiation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to manage multi-faceted projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills, including ability to coordinate and manage both internal and external resources and establish credibility with internal and external senior management
- Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of all relevant company and national regulations
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g., business, marketing, sales)
- MBA or advanced degree p
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.