Auto req ID: 2181BR
Job Posting Title: Associate Director, TP & VI Operations
Person Type: Regular
Posting Category: Research & Discovery
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
The position plays a leadership role in advancing new product candidates within the VelocImmune pipeline from initial discovery through early development. The position is responsible for formulating and successfully implementing strategies for generating novel antibodies across a portfolio of targets. The individual must coordinate and direct efforts that span research, program management, intellectual property and regulatory in order to ensure an expanding pipeline of innovative product candidates.
Formulate success criteria for antibodies to achieve IND candidate status
Define with functional heads and team scientists the immunization and screening strategies necessary to achieve antibody leads with desired functional properties
Lead key decision making through the forum of antibody working meetings
Ensure timely assembly and distribution of antibody working meeting content
Ensure accurate and complete capture of relevant antibody-related data into key internal databases and data repositories
Oversee timely submission and provide critical review of data packages to support patent filings
Define appropriate content and create IND non-clinical reports in collaboration with Scientific Writing group
Identify and direct evaluation of innovative technologies for antibody generation and selection using internal resources and/or third-party collaborations
Represent the department at IND project team meetings
Support and present as needed at senior management and alliance review meetings
Experience and Required Skills:
>4 years' industry experience in antibody discovery and development through IND filing. Hands-on experience in antibody expression, production, biochemical characterization, and binding kinetics/affinity
- PhD preferred in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- 10+ years industry experience working in therapeutic antibody discovery from the development phase through IND filing
- Thorough knowledge of with a preference for work experience in the following areas: molecular biology, protein purification, protein characterization, biomolecular interactions, and assay development
- Strong working knowledge of immunology with a focus on antibody generation, isolation and characterization
- Experience with intellectual property management and patent filings
- A familiarity with laboratory automation and laboratory information management systems is desirable
- Excellent multitasking skills, attention to detail, and written and oral communication skills
- Experience with software packages for scientific data analysis (Prism, Spotfire, etc.), gene and protein structural analysis (MacVector, Rasmol, Pymol, etc.) and project management (MS Office, etc.)
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.